San Mateo Law Library Foundation Centennial Celebration & Kick-Off Fundraiser
Help save our Law Library — And support continued access to justice for all people!
The San Mateo County Law Library is celebrating 100 years of service to the community and legal profession! Unfortunately, the Law Library is in jeopardy. Its source of income, litigant filing fees, has dropped by almost 40% over the past 6 years, resulting in the lowest income since 1999, or 1972 when adjusted for inflation. This loss has resulted in substantial cuts to the Law Library’s staff, hours of operation, and collection.
The Law Library needs your support! On behalf of the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation, we cordially invite you to the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation Centennial Celebration and Kick-Off Fundraiser. This event, sponsored by Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu, LLP, is the beginning of our campaign to restore the library’s evening and weekend hours as well as to restore canceled print and electronic legal materials.
Come enjoy cocktails, refreshments, and hors d’oeuvres with your friends and colleagues and show your support for continued access to justice for all people for the next 100 years!
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- San Mateo County Law Library, 710 Hamilton Street, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu, LLP
- Event Price:
- $35 per person at the door. Cash, or check made payable to the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation. Or, you may also pay by credit card at the door.
- Please RSVP by October 17, 2016 to email@example.com, (510) 329-1139.
- A suggested donation of $100.00 for 100 years is greatly appreciated! Donations may be made by check payable to the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation or by credit card via the Foundation’s website at www.smcllfoundation.org.
Your donation of any amount is tax deductible under IRS Code 501(c)3. The Foundation’s Federal Tax Identification Number is 81-2230318.
Attend an Event
Attending one or more of our events is a great way to support the San Mateo County Law Library. 100% of net proceeds from each event directly support the San Mateo County Law Library and its mission.
Support the San Mateo County Law Library by volunteering at an Upcoming Event. None of these events are possible without the help of volunteers.
Upcoming San Mateo County Law Library Foundation Meetings in 2016
- October 21, November 18 and December 16 at 12:00 p.m.
- Aaron, Riechert, Carpol & Riffle, APC, 900 Veterans Blvd., Ste. 600, Redwood City, CA 94063. (650) 368-4662. The conference room is on the 6th floor. Parking garage available.
- The San Mateo County Law Library Foundation will be meeting at the above dates, time and location for the remainder of 2016. All those interested in saving the San Mateo County Law Library are invited to attend these meetings. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. These events and lunches are sponsored by the Estate Planning and Probate Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association, but are open to all sections and all those interested in this worthy endeavor.