San Mateo County Law Library Foundation 2017 Kick-Off Spring Fundraiser
Help save our Law Library — And support continued access to justice for all people!
The San Mateo County Law Library is celebrating 100 years of service to the community and legal profession! Unfortunately, the Law Library is in jeopardy. Its source of income, litigant filing fees, has dropped by almost 40% over the past 7 years, resulting in the lowest income since 1999, or 1972 when adjusted for inflation. This loss has resulted in substantial cuts to the Law Library’s staff, hours of operation, and collection.
The Law Library needs your support! On behalf of the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation, we cordially invite you to the Foundation’s 2017 Kick-Off Spring Fundraiser. Our Guest Speaker and Guest of Honor will be Joseph W. Cotchett of Chotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP.
This event marks the beginning to our 2017 campaign to restore the library’s evening and weekend hours as well as to restore cancelled print and electronic legal materials. The event’s sponsors are Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Inc.; Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP; and the Law Offices of Galine, Frye & Fitting.
Come enjoy cocktails, refreshments, and hors d’oeuvres with your friends and colleagues and show your support for continued access to justice for all people for the next 100 years!
- Guest of Honor
& Guest Speaker:
- Joseph W. Cotchett, Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP
- Thursday, May 18, 2017, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- San Mateo County Law Library, 710 Hamilton Street, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Inc.,
Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP,
Law Offices of Galine, Frye & Fitting
- Event Price:
- $35 per person at the door. Cash, or check made payable to the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation. Or, you may also pay by credit card at the door.
- Please RSVP by May 8, 2017 to email@example.com, (510) 329-1139.
- A suggested donation of $100.00 for 100 years is greatly appreciated! Donations may be made by check payable to the San Mateo County Law Library Foundation or by credit card via the Foundation’s website at www.smcllfoundation.org.
Your donation of any amount is tax deductible under IRS Code 501(c)3. The Foundation’s Federal Tax Identification Number is 81-2230318.
Attend an Event
Attending one or more of our events is a great way to support the San Mateo County Law Library. 100% of net proceeds from each event directly support the San Mateo County Law Library and its mission.
Support the San Mateo County Law Library by volunteering at an Upcoming Event. None of these events are possible without the help of volunteers.
Upcoming San Mateo County Law Library Foundation Meetings in 2017
- May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 15, October 20, November 17, and December 15, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Aaron, Riechert, Carpol & Riffle, APC, 900 Veterans Blvd., Ste. 600, Redwood City, CA 94063. (650) 368-4662. The conference room is on the 6th floor. Parking garage available.
- The San Mateo County Law Library Foundation will be meeting at the above dates, time and location for the remainder of 2017. All those interested in saving the San Mateo County Law Library are invited to attend these meetings. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. These events and lunches are sponsored by the Estate Planning and Probate Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association, but are open to all sections and all those interested in this worthy endeavor.